I was so excited to see Westin perform in his very first school Christmas concert. I have memories of these from when I was a kid, and couldn't wait to see his performance (since he had been practicing and working so hard on it). As a proud mom, I sat in the audience watching every other class perform, Kindergarten was last as usual. It was the last song before the Kindergarten class was to go on and I felt a tap on my shoulder. To my surprise, Westin's teacher had picked me out of the audience to let me know Westin had just thrown up in the line to go on stage :-( He couldn't have been any more upset, not because he was sick, but because he had to miss the show he had worked so hard on! So kindly, the teacher let him go up on stage for the final song but he wasn't allowed to stand next to the rest of the kindergartners, only off to the side. I knew we only had a few min left before round 2, but he did it and he was so happy, despite being miserable.




No comments:
Post a Comment